Changing Mail icon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
My mom just got a new macbook and she wants to have a new icon for the mail icon. I've changed it to a flowe that she wants, but it doesn't always stay that way. Sometimes when I open mail it changes back to the bird stamp, and when I close it it changes back to the flower. I've gone to info, copy and pasted the new icon, etc. Does anyone know how to get it to stay with the new icon all the time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
on a side note. how do u change the icons on the dock? and is it possible to change the icons of stacks?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If you right-click (or CTRL-Click) on the mail.app file, select the option to "Show Package Contents". From there, you'll have to navigate the folders to find the actual icon file that Mail uses. Backup the existing icon file and replace it with one of your choice (be VERY SURE you are replacing it with the correct icon format... .ico vs icn... I don't know offhand what it is and can't check at moment). This should do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.