reformatting and installing with someone else's mac osx discs

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if I can install osx tiger with someone else's disks, my disks are not available. I'm trying to format then install wit my brothers discs, but it says the software can not be installed on this computer? any ideaS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If your friend has the exact same machine you do, then yes, it's physically possible for you to use the same discs. However, if the machines are different, then no, you won't be able to.

You're best bet would be to contact Apple and get a replacement set. You never know when you might need to use them again.

OP
V
Reaction score
so i guess my brothers c2d macbook disc wont work with mine:( cry.. 1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!, GREAT SCOTT!! leopard..and its endless issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
so i guess my brothers c2d macbook disc wont work with mine:( cry..1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!, GREAT SCOTT!! leopard..and its endless issues

This isn't Leopards fault or even an "issue". Every version of OSX has been this way. The discs that come with the machines are machine specific.

OP
V
Reaction score
not saying its leopards fault, sorry i should clairfy, im trying to revert back to osx tiger due to leopards problem, not complaing about the discs, ill wait till i get home to get them,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
By "Leopard problem" I'm assuming you mean this. I can understand you being frustrated with Leopard because of that one problem, but perhaps somebody here has a solution. You shouldn't give up hope just yet as Leopard has been doing really well on others' machines, and there must be something that triggered your problem, and should be able to be reversed. I'll look into it a bit more myself to help solve your problem.

Edit: I may have found a solution for you. Check out your other thread for the answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.