can anyone help?

Reaction score
I've had my new imac for about a month now. I've run into a problem I can't figure out. I've lost the ability to drag and drop. It just happened out of the blue. Has a setting been accidentaly been changed? I'm running 10.5.1

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

dobermanduke

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, dobermanduke.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I have a feeling this has nothing to do with a setting but more with some type of corruption.

Can you create a new user account, log in it and see if the problem exists there as well?

OP
D
Reaction score
another problem

I will try that and let you know. I just noticed I can no longer cut and paste:Grimmace:

OP
D
Reaction score
I just want to update you and maybe this will help someone else. I went into disc utilities and did a repair at the request of a friend. This fixed the problem. We have determined that the problem was caused when I installed Logitech software for my universal remote. It seems this is a common problem.

M

MacHeadCase

Did you check to see if you have the latest drivers for your Logitech peripheral? A little over a month ago, Logitech updated their Logitech Control Center driver to reach Leopard compatibility for their mice and stuff. So if your remote uses the same driver, maybe you need an update or a newer one is available?

BTW, thanks for reporting back to help out others! Very cool of you! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.