• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Whats with all the mystery of cloverfield?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
you know the preview where theres a going away party for a friend then the building shakes and you hear a roar when they go outside the statue of libertys head rolls by and they scream OMG OMG!! It left me wondering wth is this.

theres videos all over youtube of speculation but theres no story line to be found other than its not godzilla. some people think it will be a power rangers movie( definantly not). From what i gather its based on a book that has no author to be found. any input?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I spent lots of time on this in the height of the hype time. I ended up at the conclusion that it's just a movie about a very large monster in NYC. Like godzilla, but not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's pretty much a giant monster movie. It's supposed to serve as the American version of Godzilla, as in it's supposed to represent to us post 9/11 what Godzilla represented to the Japanese following WWII. It's a means for us to deal with the events. Now you may think it's horribly tacky to use 9/11 to make a monster movie, but the Japanese did it for a tragedy that was far greater in scale and it did a pretty good job in getting the Japanese to advance as a society. Perhaps Cloverfield will do the same for us.

Putting aside the symbolism, how can you not like a giant monster movie? Especially one produced by the very capable JJ Abrams? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
shooooooooooooo...BOOM!!!.

That's the sound of it bombing at the box office.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I think they've done a tremendous job of marketing the movie. It will do really well opening weekend simply because people want to know what happens. And if it turns out to be even a decent movie, then word-of-mouth reviews will further drive ticket sales.

I have high hopes for this movie and am hoping that I'm not disappointed...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.