• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A sad day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
My Mini is going away. I'm entertaining two offers currently, hopefully it will be gone by this evening. :(

Reaction score
Nobody is forcing you to sell it. :Smirk:

Are you getting a new Mac, or what?

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Almost a year ago I got my 17" MBP, and my Mini has been sitting on my desk for almost 8 months without being used. So, away it goes, and the money for it is being turned around into a white MacBook for my wife. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Almost a year ago I got my 17" MBP, and my Mini has been sitting on my desk for almost 8 months without being used. So, away it goes, and the money for it is being turned around into a white MacBook for my wife. :)

And you're sad why?

Reaction score
That's not to bad then. Your Mini will be going to someone who will use it. After all, it was designed to be used, right?

I managed to switch my wife over to Macs. She really likes them now. I rarely get to use my MacBook anymore. :Smirk:

Are you going to wait for MacWorld to see if any new MacBooks come out?

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was able to get my wife to love OS X as well, she just uses a laptop all the time (mainly uses the computer while sitting on the couch) so portability is the biggest issue of non-use for the Mini. When she gets the chance she's all over my MBP, but I'm gone so much that she doesn't get that opportunity very often.

It's looking to be around mid-February when we will get her MacBook, but I'll probably buy her a refurbished one, unless there are drastic changes. I bought my MBP refurbished back in February and haven't had any issues with it, and it's been used every day since then.

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Woohoo! After nearly 5 hours I've got everything backed up and a fresh install of Tiger on the Mini. Now all I need is a buyer. :)

M

MacHeadCase

Hey nuke! WB man! Hope you're doing fine!

And good luck on selling your Mini. I understand why you feel a bit sad. I felt the same way when I sold my G4 iMac 17" but at least it went to a good home. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
I understand your pain - I still miss my G3 iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
This is why I have trouble selling things.

I'd buy the mini if I had the money, this 'ol iBook's getting a little slow, and I'm not sure I want to upgrade to Leopard on this thing...

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've gotten about a half-dozen responses on Craigslist for the Mini and replied to all of them - now it's a waiting game for who actually calls for pick-up information. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Cool. I need to do the same thing too. My old Mini is under the bed in a box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
One of the legs of my bed broke and I use my Old Mini to prop the leg up... So Useful!

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Poor Mini... give it a new home!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.