Hi Im new, have a few questions :)

Reaction score
I hopefully will get an iMac, the newest black outlines 20" one for Christmas from my parents, and I wanted to ask a few questions. ;D
My friend who has a mac said that you can download youtube videos off youtube if you have firefox on your mac, so a: can you do this? b: is it simple? and c: can you take away the video and only have the audio (so i can save songs etc?)
Is the cheapest model of the new iMac good enough to run things like Photoshop, Flash, After effects (not all at the same time!) :Smirk:
Is it easy to get viruses. And can iMac play movie files like WMV and MPEG etc,

Reaction score
Hi.

The answer is "yes" to all your questions. Happy holidays.

OP
Eskimomo1994
Reaction score
Gay holiday colours?
I was just making it stand out.
Happy holidays.
And can anyone tell me how to extract the audio or video so Im left with only the audio?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
to the viruses thing, the answer is no! there's only about 4 out there and I think only one of them is even hardly in the wild

OP
Eskimomo1994
Reaction score
wow thats great, and does anyone know how to do the whole youtube download, extract audio thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I think there is a firefox extension that allows you to download youtube videos... the only thing is, some of the videos are .flv files, so you would have to convert them after downloading...
not sure about 'extracting' the audio though :\

And I like the way you used colors in your post... It's something different and is a great way to get into the holiday spirit :D

EDIT: I found the extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3242
and a very good online converter that supports a wide range of formats: http://media-convert.com/

OP
Eskimomo1994
Reaction score
Thankyou, I'll probably be on alot more after christmas when I hopefully will get my mac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The best thing for youtube downloads is TubeSock. Automatically downloads and converts it, and then puts it in your iTunes library. You can queue as many links as you want so by morning you have all your videos in the library.

As for extracting audio from video, you will need to get quicktime pro. I'm sure there are many other tools for this, but quicktime pro works fine for me.

OP
Eskimomo1994
Reaction score
The best thing for youtube downloads is TubeSock. Automatically downloads and converts it, and then puts it in your iTunes library. You can queue as many links as you want so by morning you have all your videos in the library.

As for extracting audio from video, you will need to get quicktime pro. I'm sure there are many other tools for this, but quicktime pro works fine for me.

AWWW YES

"Works with Audio-only iPods, Mini, and Nano
Don't have a video iPod? That's OK, we don't either. For luddites like us, TubeSock can grab just the audio portion of a track and add it to iTunes, too. Find your favorite tracks, outtakes, and live recordings on YouTube, then click "Save" to copy them to your iPod. YouTube already uses MP3 for audio, so the conversion is quick and there's no loss of audio fidelity."
http://stinkbot.com/Tubesock/

;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.