Virtual CD software?

E

EdwardL

Hi everyone

Some friends have just upgraded their iMac to a G5 Powermac. There are kids running around, so there will be some games going on the computer. I use a PC, and use Alcohol 120% to copy all my games to the hard drive so I can run them without the CD, and the parents have seen me do this, and asked me if I can do that on their Mac. The problem is I havn't heard of any program to do this. I know how to copy them, but I don't know how to bypass the copy protection (The law here is you are allowed to make 1 copy for backup or archival purposes). I've asked at the forums at makeabackup.com, and they said they hadn't heard of any program to do so, and because I don't have a CD burner I can't copy it for them. Can anyone help? They don't mind paying for the software.

Thanks, EdwardL

OP
I

ilg

EdwardL said:
Hi everyone

Some friends have just upgraded their iMac to a G5 Powermac. There are kids running around, so there will be some games going on the computer. I use a PC, and use Alcohol 120% to copy all my games to the hard drive so I can run them without the CD, and the parents have seen me do this, and asked me if I can do that on their Mac. The problem is I havn't heard of any program to do this. I know how to copy them, but I don't know how to bypass the copy protection (The law here is you are allowed to make 1 copy for backup or archival purposes). I've asked at the forums at makeabackup.com, and they said they hadn't heard of any program to do so, and because I don't have a CD burner I can't copy it for them. Can anyone help? They don't mind paying for the software.

Thanks, EdwardL

good question... i would like to know as well

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.