New Mac owner, new to this forum.

Reaction score
I was told about this forum on another site I read.
My wife just gave me a new iMac and I am using it now for the first time.
I created this account hoping it will be a friendly and helpful place to make the transition from PC to Mac.
I just skimmed over creating a profile and reading some of the rules for this forum. I hope my signature pic is within spec and I am not flamed right away.
So with all that said, Hello from the good Captain!

Reaction score
Welcome!!!

The "Switcher Hangout" is a good place to start. Post any questions you have and read all others that interest you.

GF

Reaction score
Hello from the good Captain!
Welcome aboard, Cattrips!

Is this the first time you've used a Mac? If so, probably the best place to begin a tour of the boat would be at the Switcher Hangout, where a buncha stickies answer a lot of first-timers' questions.

Other than those, various people here have their specialties as well as their general knowledge of Mac lore. F'rinstance, I'm stuck in the age of sail with a machine running OS 9 and am hardly called on deck at all. Everyone else, though, is up to date, so any posts of problems not dealt with in those stickies are more likely than not to lead to solutions. (But I'm not too bad at clawing off a lee shore with OS 9.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Welcome Cattrips!!!

You have come to the right place, the people here are so helpful and friendly they made me feel right at home... if you have any questions or need any help feel free to ask....

btw: How was your Journey from the darkside? were you shocked when you opened your IMAC for the first time how user friendly it actually is LOL

Reaction score
Welcome! You picked the right forum - this forum is friendly, helpful and like family. Enjoy your new Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I was told about this forum on another site I read.
My wife just gave me a new iMac and I am using it now for the first time.
I created this account hoping it will be a friendly and helpful place to make the transition from PC to Mac.
I just skimmed over creating a profile and reading some of the rules for this forum. I hope my signature pic is within spec and I am not flamed right away.
So with all that said, Hello from the good Captain!
Greetings Captain!

Your wife is a keeper, but I'd guess you already knew that. :D

Welcome to Mac-Forums and welcome to the world of Apple computers! I think (and hope!) we're a pretty friendly bunch. Flamage is pretty low, and folks are pretty helpful.

Btw, how did you make your avatar? I've been thinking I might change my avatar sometime, having had this one for a long time (2 or 3 weeks I think). Did you start with a photo, or are you (or its creator) an artist?

Hope you enjoy it here!!!!!

OP
Capttrips
Reaction score
The avatar is of my face. It is called "rotoscope". It is where you take a picture....
290731119.jpg

and do a "cartoon" from it like in the movie "waking life"....
290730101.jpg

I am the creator and did it on a PC, I have no idea how to do it on a mac but I am sure I will in a week or two.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.