Upgrading to SP2 on Bootcamp: Am I Out Of Luck?

Reaction score
So, I partitioned my hard drive (MacBook) with boot camp and installed Windows XP. The only copy I had was a fairly old one, and did not include either service pack. Still, in my infinite brilliance, I installed it. What could go wrong, right?

Well, I quickly realized that without SP2, I couldn't install any of the mac drivers. So I downloaded the SP2 for Sysadmins or whatever they call the offline upgrade package, and put it on the Windows partition. I try to install, it, though, and it tells me it needs 4 more megabytes of free space to back up existing drivers, or something along those lines. So I delete more than 4MB of the various sample music and photos that come with XP (note that through this whole thing I have more than twenty gigabytes of free space), but it still insists that it needs four more megabytes. Am I out of luck, or is there some way around this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.