Please help me guys, im really frusterated

Reaction score
Hey guys i just purchased a mac book pro and i had some questions...

1. is there a way to make text bigger and smaller, like in windows ctrl + or -?

2. how do you rename a file?

3. how do i install applications?

thanks for your help

Reaction score
1. i dont know...
2. hold control, and click ont he file and hit rename
3. download the file, open the "dmg" that should be on your desktop, or click on the dmg in the download stack in your dock and then it should take you through the steps, then just do a spotlight search for the app, hit show all, and then drag the .app file into your applications folder or to your dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Hi Texasxero.

To make text bigger or smaller, you can right click on your Finder window or on your desktop and choose "view options".

To rename a file, single-click on the text part of the file/icon combo and you should get a cursor after clicking. Or you can right-click and select "Get Info" and edit the name that way.

Installing applications depends on the application installer you have. Some come in packages, others in DMG images.

In the case of a package (looks like a box), just double click and an installer will pop up.

In the case of a DMG, often a box will pop up that will show a big program icon and an icon for the Applications folder. Just drag the program icon over the Applications folder icon and drop.

I hope this helps,

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
To make text bigger or smaller you can hold the apple key and press + or -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
To install an app, open the .dmg, navigate to it in the finder, it should be under devices and drag the application into the application folder or anywhere else in your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
and also,
when you have a folder/file highlighted, just press enter on your keyboard to rename

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
^^ To add to that, since "enter" is to rename files, Command (apple key) + down arrow is to open files... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
Hey guys i just purchased a mac book pro and i had some questions...

1. is there a way to make text bigger and smaller, like in windows ctrl + or -?

You can also zoom the entire screen with [option] + [command] + [+ or -]. I find this quite annoying but it's fun for the first 2 min.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
^^ Ctrl + Scroll up or down ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.