I'm back

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well, I'm back to MAC now. I used to have a Power Book years ago, and now have switched back.

I finally bought my new MacBook last Friday, and just opened it today. I know...why wait. I just had to have 2 gigs of RAM, and not the standard 1 gig that it came with. I ordered 2 gigs from a reputable source, and the two sticks arrived today, but only one would slide into the slot and click. The second stick wouldn't click. :Grimmace:

I didn't want to force anything too much, and so put one of the original sticks back into its slot which slid in and clicked with ease. I'm now running on 1.5 gigs.

The start up did seem to move a bit slow, but it seems to be running smoothly now. It just updated some software, but I think I should do a search to see if there are any more updates. It looks like I have a lot to get to know again. I'm rambling now, so I'll stop..just excited!

Oh, my fan isn't too loud as some of reported, but you know when it kicks into gear.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new system :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Welcome back.

What are you going to do about the fat RAM?

OP
A
Reaction score
For the 1 stick that I do not have installed, I'm going to hold on to it, and maybe try again later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
welcome back and congrats on the new Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Welcome back! May I ask why you left?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.