entourage or mail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
I've been using entourage 2004 for a while now, and I just switched my gmail account from pop to imap (about 10 minutes ago). So while I watch about 2k emails migrate onto my hard drive I'm wondering if mail might be a better email client.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I started with mail in tiger. I then switched to entourage. I preferred entourage over tiger. But with the ease of adding contacts and ical events in leopard i switched back to the apple mail program.

Reaction score
I use entourage mainly because i have two hotmail addresses and never like mail even with the httpmail plugin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Mail is better integrated with other OS X applications, (for example, iLife, iCal, and the system Address Book) has better HTML rendering, and is generally faster (compared to Entourage 2004, at least.)

Entourage is better integrated with Office, and has its own calendar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
At work I use Entourage on our exchange server. At home I prefer Mail.

Reaction score
I use mail now but used to use entourage, I swapped because I was always losing my emails due to corruptions

Reaction score
I use mail now but used to use entourage, I swapped because I was always losing my emails due to corruptions

on several occasions... most annoying! Don't tell me I should have done a back up because I did, still with the backed up files I was unable to fix any problems, I blame Microsoft personally!!

Reaction score
Trying to backup Entourage is a horror show. All of your Entourage data is in one single database. So if you have a gig of data (email, addresses, calendar, etc.) and you get one little tiny email joke, then your backup program thinks the entire database has been modified. Any single corruption event hoses the entire database. I like Mail!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
is there any real difference in speed or disk space?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.