My Mac Mini won't boot - pls help - I have a huge workload ahead of me

Reaction score
Hi,

This is the whole reason I ditched Bill Gates Ware!!! 2 hours I have been on with this.

I boot up get to a grey screen with an apple in the centre and a circle that spins bellow it for as long as I leave it. I have left it for 10 mins and still nothing.

Can anyone please help me out with this. I have a deadline to hit in 4 hours and now need to minimize damage. XP is looking mighty tempting at the mo Im very sorry to say after shelling out best part of a grand on a week old mac.

I am using Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Boot with the Leopard DVD (pop it in, hold down C during bootup). Then run the disk utility to see if anything is possible.

Also, if you could mention what you did during your last session before you shut the mini down, it might be helpful in suggesting a solution.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi, phoned Applecare and they said what you said and talked me through repairing the Machintosh HD

Thanks for your quick answer and wanting to assist. That in itself is appreciated. :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So is the problem solved? What exactly did you do to make this happen? Would be nice to know so that others could avoid doing it...

Thanks for the rep btw ;)

OP
K
Reaction score
Didn't do anything fella. That's why I replied to you to explain what I did so others can learn. My mac went from working fine last night to wouldn't boot today.

I know nothing is perfect but I must say, Ive lost a lot of faith in the "macs never crash" idea. 1 week in and I have to take two hours out to scratch my head for ideas and another two fixing the prob. Sounds very windows esc to me :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I admit I'm a little slow in the head, but I'm still not sure if you've solved your problem or not..?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.