Weird Issue with HP Photosmart 7760 Printer

AIX

Reaction score
My computer is an iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo and I am having issues with my HP Photosmart 7760 printer.

I can get it to print just fine, but I cannot get the memory card reader that is built-into the printer to work at all. I tried installing the drivers provided at the HP website, but the installer crashes at item #29 (Photo Link Support or something).

I tried contacting HP and they gave me the general "We dont support or know anything blah blah blah" lip service.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I tried contacting HP and they gave me the general "We dont support or know anything blah blah blah" lip service.

Did they try to tell you that they don't support Mac OS X? If so, ask them why their products are marketed toward Mac users with advertisements in Mac magazines? Ask them why they show compatibility with Macs on the product packaging and provide installation instructions in the product documentation. But most of all, I'd ask for a supervisor - sounds like you got some moron who didn't want to bother with transferring you to the correct queue.

OP
A

AIX

Reaction score
What they said was they didn't offer support for the Mac environment.... I am going to try to call again in hopes of getting a different person.... has anyone else had this issue?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.