• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

G5 Pics?

O

octohunter

I spent a few minutes looking for imac G5 pics and I found about 10 completely different looking machines. It's hard to tell if Apple is actually going to make them look different or if every image is bogus. I personally think they're going to model them around the new cinema screens. Possibly the white is out- silver in? I love my powerbook but I still say my wife's ibook is prettier.

OP
O

octohunter

It would be very interesting to give the cube a second try. A first I thought it out of the question but given the G5's space requirements for cooling...

OP
D

davidwanat

I would buy a G5 cube. I've already got a screen, and don't really need all the housepower of the PowerMac G5.

I say, bring on the G5 cube.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
octohunter said:
I personally think they're going to model them around the new cinema screens. Possibly the white is out- silver in?

I'd actually tend to doubt that Apple will go with the metal theme for the new iMac. When Apple introduced the Power Mac G5 (and now the matching displays), it intended to visually distinguish the "professional models" from the consumer models. The Power series (PowerBook, Power Mac, and displays) all now have a uniform metal appearance. The "consumer models" (eMac, iBook, and iMac) retained the white look. I'd be extremely surprised if Apple didn't continue with the white theme on the new iMac G5.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.