I Want!!!

R

Ripped85

OK..so i've had a PC all my life and despised macs until about a week ago, when i realized that i'm on my fourth comp and they all freeze like a mofo. I can't stand it, so for college, i'll be getting a MAC, hopefully. I figure I should go with the G5, upgrade to the 1gb ram, but its so **** expensive, forget the monitor, that's a dream. When will the G5s have a price drop or the G4s get a price drop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well the current best deal for a mac g4 and under, i believe is the eMac... at the time i got my iMac it was the same.. but i wanted an iMac :D

Welcome to the world of macs :) price drop should occur sometime this summer... or december? It SHOULD be soon... but this year is strange but ide expect around mid july...

If you need advice on new macs this is the place to be :)

OP
R

Ripped85

well i'm a hardcore comp user..so id have to get the power mac...unfortunately it's mad money, but i know it will be worth it, wouldnt have to upgrade for quite some time, and to make myself feel better, they used that comp to make Finding Nemo lol

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
OP
R

Ripped85

so a price drop around mid july...would that be for the G5s as well as G4s?? and what kinda price drop you predict..like $50 or $100+

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im thinking it would be a price drop only for the g4s... g5s.. not till at LEAST winter. and its generally 100 or more $. Im not shur they made finding nemo on a g5.. i didn't think they had the machines built until a month or 2 ago.. and finding nemo took a while to make, at least 6 months.

OP
R

Ripped85

ooo...well that's what i heard, so go with it, makes the G5 users feel special. ^_^

OP
H

hill.ed

if you get a G5, get the dual 2, the others arnt worth getting, u wont regret it, and there v.good for the money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no, i would not suggest buying vpc6, it does not render graphic cards or use it at all.
that and microsoft owns it now.
in a few months - a year there will be a new windows emulator that will render graphics and be alot better, and games will look nice. ide wait for that.
ps, its not microsoft owned either

OP
F

Fomer

Graphite said:
Im thinking it would be a price drop only for the g4s... g5s.. not till at LEAST winter. and its generally 100 or more $. Im not shur they made finding nemo on a g5.. i didn't think they had the machines built until a month or 2 ago.. and finding nemo took a while to make, at least 6 months.

Actually was even longer than that. Ellen Degenerous(sp?) was on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno not to long ago....

"Well actually 4 years ago when the writers came up with the script they had me in mind as they were making the character she later did the voice of. "

The movie could have been made in 6 months, but the script was thought of over 3 years ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah wow, well, either way, g5s werent used. as far as i would think

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.