Wireless on a MAC

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Can't you just connect to the same wireless router as your bro?

OP
A
Reaction score
ma bro does not have a router, we both got new computers, i chose mac, he chose a crappy windows lol, i just need to know which one would be the better option for both of us...

also

does macbook come with built in wireless, so straight out of the box i can switch it on and conect to a router, or do i have to install it myself?

thanks so much

akash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
a new macbook comes with built in wireless.

There is a £5 difference between the two, you will - however get more help from an apple store than Argos

Not much of an expert on wireless myself, but can you go to the mac store itself?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The Belkin has several advantages over the Airport Express. For one thing, there is an actual wired switch at the rear of the Belkin, which can be very handy in troubleshooting situations. The Belkin also has an external antenna which should yield better range.

You will likely get better support from Apple, but Belkin does officially support Macs as well. If you really want an Apple router, stick to the Airport Extreme.

Reaction score
I have my Airport Extreme base station signal strength set at 10%. I get full signal anywhere on my property. With full strength the range was just silly. I had to drive quite a ways away to lose signal.

The Airport Extreme will play nice with Mac and PC. It was a breeze to set up. I really didn't have to do much of anything. I've never had any issues with signal problems, losing connections, etc. I would recommend it highly.

Whatever you decide, make sure you set your wireless network up securely!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I like the apple airport extreme because it has a usb port on it, so you can easily set up a wireless printer or hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reigns surpeme
I like the apple airport extreme because it has a usb port on it, so you can easily set up a wireless printer or hard drive

printer yes, hard drive? I have been having problem with that. Can only see that HDD but cannot get into it. Any one know that latest firmware for the airport extreme?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.