1 iTunes, 1 Mac, 1 PC, 2 iPods ?

Reaction score
Is it possible?

My wife and I share an iTunes account on her PC. I'd like to duplicate our library on my new Mac and be able to use my iPod with either machine. Is it possible?

Is it as simple as "switching" to the Mac and just leaving the PC as is?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
To use your ipod with either machines: you will have had to run the ipod software on the PC to make yours a PC format ipod. (If it was first used on a PC - you don't have to do anything)

You can just copy the tracks to a disk and transfer them across. Assuming some may have DRM, you will have to activate them again on the mac in iTunes

and yes, you don't have to do anything no the PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Bear in mind that you need to have all your music on the PC AND the Mac. As soon as you plug your iPod into the other machine it will need resyncing and will delete all the tracks you have on your iPod at that time.

You can't really have 100 tracks on it, and then plug it into the other machine to add another 100 tracks. Your iPod is designed to be tied onto one machine, but that's no problem if you have the same music on both.

OP
I
Reaction score
As soon as you plug your iPod into the other machine it will need resyncing and will delete all the tracks you have on your iPod at that time.

even if the iPod is set to manual update?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.