iphoto events question

Reaction score
i can I move a single image from one event to another? Do I need to drag it to my desktop first?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 24" 2.8 ghz
Yes you can just cut and paste.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
do you want to MOVE it or copy it?

Moving: right click and open event in new window, drag photo to another event

I've never copied so dunno about that... but yeah, I would drag the photo out of one event onto desktop import that photo back into iphoto, then repeat the Moving procedure.... if there's an easier way to "copy" someone please tell... :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Look. You just press command+double click on any even while in Events view. Then it will pop out the event in it's own Window. From there you can drag whatever image into whatever event you want.

Also, you can command click and select two or more events. Then press enter. This will open up both the events.... From there you can drag and drop among events...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I've never copied so dunno about that... but yeah, I would drag the photo out of one event onto desktop import that photo back into iphoto, then repeat the Moving procedure.... if there's an easier way to "copy" someone please tell... :D
I don't know about in iPhoto, but in Finder, iCal and other apps, if you hold down option while you drag 'n drop it will copy. I would assume it works in iPhoto as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i would drag the pic to the desktop. then import it and put it in your current event that you want it in. not your new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well dragging it to desktop will only create a copy of it. You will still have to delete it, from the earlier event as well as give the description, rating etc., after importing it again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The thing is.... dragging it out to the desktop does create a copy.... however dragging it back into a different Event doesn't work... it only creates a NEW event... believe me I've tried and it's frustrating...

If you want to MOVE ONLY a photo from one event to another just open the event in a new window and then drag the photo to the event you want....

Edit to add... if you want to move one event into another just stay on EVENT view and drag the entire event to another one....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
The way I do it:

Select you event
click on your picture
drag it to the events on the Left hand column
drop it
Go to events and and drag your picture to the event of you choice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
OK -- The easiest way to do this is:

Go to the event with the picture(s) you want to move. Select any and all pics that you want to move. Use Cmd-X to CUT all of the pics. Go back to the main events page, go into the event that you want the pics in, and use Cmd-V to PASTE them. That way, there are no copies, no moving/dragging to the desktop, no deleting. It's very simple. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HEY....... worked! I swear I tried that but wasn't doing anything....

Thanks for that!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.