Planning to buy one is it better to wait?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning on buying a 13" macbook around jan/feb 08, after reading a few posts/rumors I was wondering if it is better to wait before getting one as they might come out with lighter more improved versions.

From the people who follow macbook world closely, is it worth waiting till around february or does it make no difference if I buy it at the begging of Jan?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yes wait forever because you never know when they will update it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black SR MB, 2.2, 4gb, 160gb
There is a big Apple event from 14-18th January called MacWorld Expo. Any new products are likely to be announced there. If you are waiting till Jan/Feb anyway, then just wait until the MacWorld Expo. If they announce something new then you can get that, if not, then you can get something from the current line up.

I wouldn't wait past the expo though. We know there will be some new products there, but after that it's anyones guess.

Reaction score
agree with photojonny.... wait until the Macworld Expo. Any new products are announced there and in the June event.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I am so tired of people asking if they should wait to buy a product! NOOO! Just buy it, by the time you buy the one you were waiting for they will already be in the works of introducing its successor.

I bought my iBook G4 the last month that you could, right before the intel switch to macbook, I didn't regret my decision in the least, I got a great machine that churned out work better than any pc I had at the time. They introduced the macbook at the same price with better specs the next month and in a side by side comparison, they ran almost the same. Plus there were so many universal apps coming out it really didn't matter to me.

People stop asking this question. Technology is ever changing, unless your a billionaire you will never have the latest piece of technology out there. Just accept that technology changes faster than you can buy it. Just buy it when you need it, not when you "speculate" they will change their product lineup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
There are aluminium-clad MacBooks being spotted around Apple's campus, so waiting a few weeks til the end of January won't hurt, unless you're not fussed about getting the (alleged) new case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Bear in mind that if you wait, and Apple brings out a new notebook (which I agree is being touted as highly likely), and you buy it, you will have the proverbial "version 1.0" of some new hardware. "version 1.0" usually equals "buggy" with any vendor, and I include Apple in that, just for safety's sake.

If there is an Apple product that meets your needs now, and you want it now, buy it now! ...and I would definitely advise not buying anything that comes out in Jan/Feb that is brand new. Let it (whatever it may be) cut its teeth on someone else!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.