Cool fractal images

Reaction score
I have developed a program for rendering Fractal images on Macintoshes.

I'm quite pleased with the results I'm getting. Here's a sample:

original.jpg

There are lots more samples available at my fractals gallery on pbase

I'm looking for feedback and suggestions on how I could improve the program. Please download it and give it a try. (There is a link to download the program at the top of the fractals gallery.

My email address is in the about box of the program. Please drop me a line and tell me what you think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Make me something cool in black/red :) lol

Looks great from what I can see so far! Good job!

Your fractal gallery is amazing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
very nice stuff

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks!

Feel free to try your hand at creating fractals yourself. There are quite a few sample images included with FractalWorks, and you can use them as a starting point to explore further.

Duncan

OP
D
Reaction score
Images in red and black

Make me something cool in black/red :) lol

Looks great from what I can see so far! Good job!

Your fractal gallery is amazing!

Punk,

How about this one:

original.jpg

Or this one:

original.jpg

These are both variations on other images, where I changed the color scheme to reds and blacks rather than the original. (I threw in a splash of another color on both images, for variety)

If you install FractalWorks you can easily create images like this yourself. Send me an email (address in the FractalWorks "about box") and I'll mail you the files I used to create them.

Duncan C

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Punk,

How about this one:

original.jpg

Or this one:

original.jpg

These are both variations on other images, where I changed the color scheme to reds and blacks rather than the original. (I threw in a splash of another color on both images, for variety)

If you install FractalWorks you can easily create images like this yourself. Send me an email (address in the FractalWorks "about box") and I'll mail you the files I used to create them.

Duncan C

omg! j'taime!!! <3!! any possibility you can make all those in 1024x768 and in 1680x1050?

OP
D
Reaction score
omg! j'taime!!! <3!! any possibility you can make all those in 1024x768 and in 1680x1050?

Punk,

I just emailed you those 2 files in both 1024x768 and 1680x1050 format. The catch is that the files are FractalWorks files. You'll have to download the program in order to use them. :)

Let me know if you have any problems.

Duncan C

OP
D
Reaction score
http://web.mac.com/dchampney/Site/FractalWorks.html

Is that it? If you need a place to host it let me know, I can give you a mirror.

Ghostshadow,

That's the site. I'm okay with hosting it on .Mac for now. I'll eventually set up an account on download.com, but for now I update it often enough that that would be annoying. (On their free accounts they want 30 days to post a file after submission.)

Duncan C

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.