Delete Hardrive Question

Reaction score
Was wondering if someone can help me. Having difficulty deleting or erasing hardrive. I put in my leopard install disc and hold down the c key and computer restarts and the wheel just keeps spinning continuously any suggestions for deleting it another way. Could there be something wrong with the install disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What are the specs of the machine you have? It could be the disc, but we will need to know more specs about your computer before we can really offer advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
> Insert disc.
> Restart
> Immediately hold down C
> the computer should boot into the Install menu.

If not there seems to be something wrong with your Disc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Oh man I just went through a bunch of junk with the same problem. What I ended up doing was:

1. Reboot another computer off your install CD
2. Put the computer you want to reinstall into target disk mode (hold down the T key after the chime, then let up on it once you see the firewire symbol)
3. Connect the computers using a firewire cable
4. On your 2nd computer, start the install process and when it asks which drive, target the drive that you want to reinstall.
5. Go through the install process, then reboot when it tells you to reboot
6. It'll reboot your 2nd computer, using your formatted computer as the hard drive it's booting off of.
7. Login and go through the process, then make sure and run Software update and install all the updates.
8. When you reboot again this time it'll reboot as your regular drive, go ahead and drag the external computer hard drive into the trash, then hold down the power key on the computer with the firewire graphic flashing on it, then unhook the wire from the computers.
9. Reboot your formatted computer and you should be good to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.