itunes music burning?

Reaction score
i'm going 2 buy "50 trans tunes vol 5" witch has 50 songs in it how can i burn it as an mp3 cd 2 make it play on mp3 cd players?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i'm going 2 buy "50 trans tunes vol 5" witch has 50 songs in it how can i burn it as an mp3 cd 2 make it play on mp3 cd players?

Make 3 playlists (you'll probably need that many to squeeze all 50 songs on multiple CDs). Divide the songs up amongst the playlists. Right-click each playlist and click "Burn Playlist to Disc". This will create 3 CDs with your music, which will play in any CD player.

The trick is - you want these in MP3 format so that your car's MP3 player can play them. That is doable, buy you'll need to rip the CD back into iTunes (make sure you select MP3 as the format that you want to rip discs to). Once you have the resulting MP3s, you should be able to squeeze all of them onto a single disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
Actually, you can just rip the original CD as mp3 files into itunes, then in Preferences --> Advanced, select burn mp3 CD, and voila. As long as the entire playlist is less than 700 MB, you’re good to go.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, you can just rip the original CD as mp3 files into itunes, then in Preferences --> Advanced, select burn mp3 CD, and voila. As long as the entire playlist is less than 700 MB, you’re good to go.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounded like he was buying it from iTunes - so you'd get it in AAC, likely DRM'ed...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
oh, I see...yeah, I thought he meant an original CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac PowerPc G4 1.25 GHZ Processor, 1Gb Ram
lol, go to apple.com and look for a program called "Switch."
It's an mp3 converter, once you download the songs you can convert them (no matter what the original format is) to an mp3.
however, I'm pretty sure that if you go into preferences and select "make an MP3 cd" that would work to.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, go to apple.com and look for a program called "Switch."
It's an mp3 converter, once you download the songs you can convert them (no matter what the original format is) to an mp3.
however, I'm pretty sure that if you go into preferences and select "make an MP3 cd" that would work to.

You can't convert DRM-protected AAC files to MP3 without burning it and re-ripping it. Most music sold on iTunes is in protected AAC format, unless it's iTunes Plus.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.