How Do I delete my hardrive

Reaction score
Hi
I am considering giving my computer to a nephew for xmas and buying another imac. I dont have much on it now. Can someone tell me some easy steps to wipe the computer clean and how do i reinstall the system. Do i just need the install discs
Many thanks

If someone can explain it in the most simple way that would be greatly appreciated
Happy Holidays to all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Do you have the install disks?

If you do, just put the first one in and a screen should pop up. Double click the install button. Then the computer will restart and take you to an install screen.

Select english as your language, continue. Accept the license agreement. Next screen it should have an options button at the bottom left. Click it.

Once you click options you will be given a list of choices. Make sure to click the "Erase and Install" option and then click next.

Continue on to finish the install and there you have it. A clean computer for your nephew.

OP
M
Reaction score
many thanks

I really appreciate it Thanks again Im somewhat new to macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
No prob, glad I could help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.