Backing up a iPhoto Album

Reaction score
I just created my first album in iPhoto and I went through the process of purchasing it on-line, which went great. My question is, is there any way to back-up this Album for archive purposes? I would like to delete this out of iPhoto since I am done with it, but I would like to back it up so that in the future I could load it back into iPhoto and purchase more copies in the future. I assume that the original pictures will still need to exist in my iPhoto library, but it would be really cool if the back-up stored those also just in case I delete one of them. Anyway, does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Richard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Just right click on iPhoto and view package contents. There you'll find a folder named originals. This contains the photo files. You can backup this folder.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks but not quite what I was asking for.

Just right click on iPhoto and view package contents. There you'll find a folder named originals. This contains the photo files. You can backup this folder.

Thanks for the input smartyMAC, but I think I was a little vague on my question. I realize that I can backup all of the photo that way, but what I really want to do is back-up the "Christmas" Album that I created from a few of those photos. I want the layout and order of the pictures and the text that was added to each page of the Album layout to be backed up. This way, I don't have all of these different Albums cluttering up my iPhoto window. But just in case I do want to restore them and order another copy of the Album, I would like to be able to do that also.

Right now, I have created an "Archive" folder in the iPhoto "Source"window and moved them all there. That way they are not taking up space on my screen but it would be nice to know how to save these books (albums) off for later retrieval.

Thanks, Richard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.