Need help guys

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a macbook. It will be used mostly for photo editing some video editing. I also would like to use yahoo messenger to video chat with friends if I install windows on the macbook will there be any problems with using yahoo messenger for video and chating with windows pc users?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It says you can video conference with the Mac version of Yahoo Messenger. I would assume there would be no problem using the built in camera with Windows. Apple should have made Windows drivers to use it as a web cam. If so, it should work just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The problem with Video Chat for Yahoo on OS X is that there is no audio, according to this:
http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/VoiceVideoSupportingServices

And the so-called "video" apparently is quite the joke. Perhaps with Trillian in development for OS X, we'll finally see video chat for Yahoo that is on-par with Yahoo's implementation in Windows.

OP
F
Reaction score
So I want be able to just switch to windows when I want to do video chat using yahoo messenger? I knew it couldn't be done between Ichat and a pc but thought maybe with yahoo and using windows it could work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yep. iSight works pretty much like any other web cam while in Windows.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The OSX version of Yahoo works fine in Video but just no audio. Yahoo promised sound over a year ago. Got the latest and still no sound. The video looks to me as good as Yahoo does on the PC. I have never been impressed with the video quality on Yahoo Messenger even on the PC.

The Windows one should work fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.