Thinking of Switching to MB

Reaction score
Hi,
ive just registered for the forums becase im considering switching to Mac and buying a Macbook whilst in New york this winter.

I was wondering before i spend £750 on a Macbook, should i wait for anything? is there going to be a new product line launched or the prices dropped?

This forum seems to be the best place for that kind of knowledge.. and just wanted everyones thoughts

Thanks

Barty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
There usually is not to much information about when apple is going to update one of their computer lines. There are rumors out there that at Macworld there will be some updates and new products coming out

OP
Bartyl
Reaction score
ahh, i thought that the new Macbooks were only recently launched... November

they are not gonna make big changes are they?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Doubt it. There was a hidden update a month ago. They upgraded the graphics chipset to 144MB and it now allows you to install 4GB RAM. The older Core 2 Duo MacBooks had 64MB vRAM and allowed 3GB RAM.
I highly doubt there will be a big update in the near future but there will not be an announcement of an update till the day the new machines are ready for sale. Anything you read is just a rumor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Considering a Mac... hopefully
Hi,
I was wondering before i spend £750 on a Macbook, should i wait for anything? is there going to be a new product line launched or the prices dropped?

I am going to quote this from cwa107.
They come out when they come out. As always, if you're waiting for the next big thing in technology, you'll be waiting forever. With Apple, it's even harder because they are notoriously silent about product updates. Anyone who tells you otherwise is simply speculating.

Choose the machine that suits your needs now and buy it. I promise, it will continue to suit your needs, even after a new model comes out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.