Font Row & iTunes

Reaction score
I got a little Problem.
When I play a music file in iTunes and I start Front Row, iTunes stops playing and I need to select the song in Front Row myself again :(

Shouldn't Front Row "overtake" the currently playing song in iTunes??
At least I thought I saw that on a friend's macbook.

Maybe it is just a little settings issue.
I would be glad for some help :)

Also a little annoying thing:
Front Row shows a band that I have 2 times, instead of one.
In the list it should say
12 Stones
Callenish Circle

But instead of that it says:
12 Stones
12 Stones
Callenish Circle

in iTunes AND in Finder there's nothing like that.
How can I fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The first problem there isn't a fix. Its how front row works in Leopard.

For the second one, you need to check the tags for that artist, they aren't identical, so you are getting two different titles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
That's the one annoying thing about Front Row 2.0. A complete step backwards. Even if you want to change the Screensaver On/Off within the Front Row interface, as soon as you get out of the music menu, it pauses. I hope and pray that Apple gets some sense knocked into their heads.

As for your second problem, it is like Stretch said, your tags.
The best way, if you don't notice anything different, is to select all your 12 Stones tracks, Command+I, and then type 12 Stones again in the artists field. Should take care of it. Mostly it is a case of capitalisation and such (12 Stones, 12 stones)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
This is the sole reason I have not upgraded my Mac Mini (that serves as a HTPC) from Tiger.

I sure hope Apple will fix Frontrow, it's just stupid.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks guys, for helping me out with the Tags :) I would never have come to that conclusion on my own :)
I hope as well, that apple will fix front row soon, that's very annoying!
I can't imagine how they could make such a step back, I mean that feature is nothing big, but essential, so why did they change it?
Anyways thank you a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The thing is, Front Row 1 is totally different from Front Row 2. The first version was just a shell over the OS while the second one is an app by itself. In the first one, you used the menu to control iTunes. The menu didn't play the content on it's own. If you wanted to view Photos, Frontrow would launch iPhoto and so on.

The new one is an app by itself, that is, it does everything in it's own might (with help from the underlying technologies of course). That's why it is faster, and is better organised and doesn't launch iTunes or iPhoto in the background. Of course, it shouldn't take much for Apple to somehow re-integrate Front Row with iTunes, but that's the way it is right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.