• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My HTC choice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
From the iPhoneless wastes up north :D

I have had to really think about this. I think I'll drop my HTC touch idea and spluge on a S730 instead. It looks like what I want it has a normal keypad for making calls and a qwerty keyboard. Plus it has wi-Fi that the Touch dual doesn't have. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I went with the Motorola Q, also running Windows Mobile.

*proceeds to slit wrists*

Get a BlackBerry or Palm.

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Blackberry or palm are v rare here in Norway Rye.. As for motorola....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
I'm very happy with my S710, I haven't tried syncing it with my Mac though, only sync at work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I went with the Motorola Q, also running Windows Mobile.

*proceeds to slit wrists*

Get a BlackBerry or Palm.

Your problem isn't with Windows Mobile, it's with that sorry excuse for a smartphone, the Q.

Kilted, like I mentioned in your other thread, HTC makes some solid devices. Now, I haven't personally used or read reviews on the model you linked to, but based on HTC's reputation, I would find it hard to believe that this model is anything less than the other exceptional phones HTC manufactures.

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
yah, the q is pretty much trash... though WM5 and 6 are many times better than palm os from what i have been told

Reaction score
I can't stand winmob. I watched a video a while back on how to get to your basic features on a winmob, and a Palm. And there's so many more menus, and buttons on a winmob vs. Palm. I've been with Palm's for 3 or 4 years now. Plus I can sync it on a mac and a Pc (not that I'd ever want to). Basically it's like switching from a PC to a Mac, I've never had any regrets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pocket IE isnt too bad, but thats about it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Dude.. Don't even talk about the Moto Q.. It's a $400 paperweight.. I'm going with the s720.. I'm calling Telus tomorrow so they can ship it to me and put the costs on my bill so I don't have to pay it up front. I should have it by mid-week.

Although, Telus just got the Pearl as well.. That's a pretty sweet looking phone. I had a chance to see it in person and I loved it. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have the full keyboard, which is a must for me.

Ahh, decisions, decision...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I swear, if I have to call TELUS again before Christmas, i'm breaking this "$400 paperweight" in to little tiny pieces. I have to restore it like every other day. Of course, typical TELUS just can't give me a replacement. I have to take it to a "service centre" which is an hour away. Then I have to go through a bunch of loops to get it to be "fixed" just to have it break in 6 hrs. Then they say my contract is written in stone and they will never pay it out, no exeptions ever. It's driving me nuts so badly I can't think of normal life. Seriously, I want to write a hate letter to TELUS. I want to wrap my Q in a towel, drown it in petrol, set fire to the dang thing, and give the remains to the nearest TELUS "dealer". I am writing an AGRESSIVE, NASTY e-mail to them with records of all the crap they've put me through. Not just with the Q, but with the Chocolate, RAZR and Nokia before it!! Where's the tylenol...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
HTC keyboards are wonderful to type on. It's one of the things I miss not having on my iPhone (the other being able to tether it to my laptop and use AT&T's 3G network)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro 2.66 quad, Ati x1900, 2 500GB drives, 6 mb ram, dual 24"dell monitors
i have the htc tytn, which is a cingular 8525.
My husband just got the new tilt, same device but newer version.

These things are a workhorse. A bit bulky and heavy, but great.
It does everything.

I wish it would sync better to mac. Missing sync is ok, but not great.
I don't do a lot of texting, but when I do, I appreciate the full keyboard. The tilt is even better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I just got my HTC s720 a few weeks ago and I love this phone. It works perfect! It's fast, and every feature about it is great.

Only down side is the Mac-syncing ability.

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I must admit to be very pleased so far with my S730. The slide out keyboard is east to use and the size of the unit is pleasing too. I'm using the Beta Version of Missing Sync to sync with my iMac. With no major problems except the usb connection is temperamental however this is a free Beta so it can only get better

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.