Music Recording on a Macbook

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently purchased a Macbook and am looking to do some recording on it. I have a version of Cubase and am currently making midi recordings only.

I am looking into audio recording. Can anyone recommend any firewire mixers and condenser mics that would come to up to £150 in total?

Sorry I'm just a beginner at this.

I presume this would be compatible with Cubase or Garageband? Is this correct? http://www.behringer.com/PODCASTUDIO-FIREWIRE/ . What is this product like and would it be suitable for recording music vocals and guitars etc?

Also why does it include an audio interface. surely the mixer plugs straight into the macbook via firewire?

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the Mac compatibility, it doesn't say anything about it on the website.

As for the audio interface, it's the link between the mixer (with the mics and stuff) and your software - be it Cubase or Garageband.

This is likely because the mixer itself does not include an sound card but just a mixer.

If this is what you're looking for, you might as well just phone them and ask if it's compatible with Macs. Easy as pie :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.