some more newbie questions

Reaction score
Still getting used to the world of mac, got a few questions if anyone can shed some light, it'll be greatly appreciated:

1. I have a bluetooth mouse, for some reason everytime I go on idle for quite a while and come back my connection is lost. I would have to reconnect/pair the device again with my laptop.

2. Messenger Mac or Yahoo Messenger gets disconnected automatically when the computer is not in use. Is this normal?

Any info. would be good. Thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Your Mac is set to Sleep. When it sleeps everything is suspended. In Sleep Mode yes what you are seeing with Messenger and Yahoo is normal as the machine is asleep and waiting to be woken up. What is happening with your Mouse though is not normal. It should work again when the machine wakes.

What Mac do you own? Which version of OSX? What brand and model is the Bluetooth Mouse?

Open System Preferences, Energy Saver and you can set how long it takes for it to sleep or turn off Sleep completely if you want. He is a pic of the panel.

Picture 1.jpg

OP
mcgrayce
Reaction score
left double-click

I also got another question, I forgot about this one :Smirk: Left-Double click on my mouse (wired or wireless for that matter) doesn't seem to work when I want to send an IM using messenger mac or yahoo messenger (I always end up right-clicking and choosing "send instant message..") Same thing happens when I'm trying to open a song/radio program in ITunes, left double-click won't work. Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am using a Logitech V270 Bluetooth here and no issues. To get the Mac out of sleep though hit a key and not the BT Mouse.

I have never heard of either of those BT Mice but they should work. When you wake the machine even if you give it a few seconds the mouse will never connect back up? Do you have the Bluetooth settings on OSX set to Discoverable? Does the mouse show up in the Bluetooth Preferences?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.