Weather widget gone, need it back!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just noticed today that I lost my weather widget? I actually have it set so that it stays on my desktop and not hide just like the rest of the other widgest but when I booted my laptop today, it was already gone. When I pressed F12 it wasn't there either (hoping I could just get it from there again) What's the way to restore the weather widget? Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi all,

Just noticed today that I lost my weather widget? I actually have it set so that it stays on my desktop and not hide just like the rest of the other widgest but when I booted my laptop today, it was already gone. When I pressed F12 it wasn't there either (hoping I could just get it from there again) What's the way to restore the weather widget? Thanks.

I take it you've tried just turning the Widget back on via the Dashboard control (click the + sign in the lower-left corner of the Dashboard overlay)? Are you using a third-party app to make the widget display on the desktop? If so, have you tried disabling it?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not anymore no.

Check in:

Macintosh HD > Library > Widgets

You should see one in there called "Weather". If it's not there, you might need to use a program like Pacifist to extract it from your install CD and reinstall it into that folder.

Odd that it would have just disappeared for no apparent reason.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've never tried this before, but I put the file (zipped) into a folder on my Comcast home page. You should be able to download it from there, extract it from the archive and copy it to the folder I mentioned above:

http://home.comcast.net/~cwa107/page1/files/Weather.zip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Or just go to the widgets page on apple.com and download it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Or just go to the widgets page on apple.com and download it.
I don't think apple has it on their widgets page
why would someone need to download someting that comes with every apple computer

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think apple has it on their widgets page
why would someone need to download someting that comes with every apple computer

The OP lost the weather widget and wasn't able to find it. That's why we were walking them through the process of finding/recovering or downloading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
The OP lost the weather widget and wasn't able to find it. That's why we were walking them through the process of finding/recovering or downloading.
I realized that...
I was just commenting on how EuphLlama said to just re-download it from apple.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.