Pixelmator 1.1 Kitten

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
According to the Pixelmator web-site 1.1 Kitten was released December 6th. Has anyone tried this new version yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Hey thanks for the tip I just downloaded the update

OP
Doug in Alaska
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Please let us know what you think of it. I'm debating on weather to purchase it or go with Elements.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Isn't there a free trial of Pixelmator you can try first ? I'd try that first. I have no experience with Elements so I can't comment. Pixelmator does what I need it to do as Does iPhoto for the rest of my photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi
also thanks...didn't know there was an update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
Elements isn't Universial yet... so if you have an Intel Mac, Elements isn't an alternative (in my eyes at least).

Since I'm still on PPC, I use Elements, but when I sometime next year upgrade, I'll most definitively buy Pixelmator. The best news in 1.1 is adjustments for Leopard and full support for tablets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi
Sorry, I got so excited PXLM was updated I forgot to answer your question.

When I first bought a mac I did not know Elements was not for Intel Macs. So I bought a license and even have 5.0 running on my Intel iMac. Not a good experience. It's ok, but Pixelmator rocks.

I tried Acorn, and a few others, Pixelmator wins for me hands down.

OP
Doug in Alaska
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Thanks TopDog. I've used Elements for many years on my PCs but will be switching to an iMac as soon as it arrives. Pixelmator looks very interesting so that's the direction I'm heading. Hopefully there will be reviews in the next couple days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.