Parallels - Tiger - Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I'm still running my MBP on OSX. I have Parallels installed on the machine for when I have to use windows. Obviously thinking of upgrading to the cat with spots. Just wondered if anyone was aware of issues with regard to Parallels and Leopard and indeed the best way to upgrade. Read FAQ and I'm leaning towards the clean install.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm still running my MBP on OSX. I have Parallels installed on the machine for when I have to use windows. Obviously thinking of upgrading to the cat with spots. Just wondered if anyone was aware of issues with regard to Parallels and Leopard and indeed the best way to upgrade. Read FAQ and I'm leaning towards the clean install.

The latest version of Parallels works fine with Leopard. Yes, a clean install is your best bet - Archive & Install works great for this purpose without having to go through the headache of recreating your settings, applications and documents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Intel 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM. Also; Intel Macbook 2Ghz, Intel MacMini 1.83Ghz

It's only an opinion - before everyone jumps - but for me (MBP + Leopard + Parallels WIN XP) Parallels is not working well on Leopard, I have tried configuring XP in virtual machine, Bootcamp and Bootcamp with parallels. Parallels caused a corruption of a DLL in XP when accessing from a Bootcamp partition, parallels running Xp in virtual machine without bootcamp repeatedly "hung". The system was not reliable or robust and I could not contemplate using this for my work related access. Erased partition and will wait until other users have logged some responses for some patches! XP running in Bootcamp was OK but what a faff having to re-boot :-(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's only an opinion - before everyone jumps - but for me (MBP + Leopard + Parallels WIN XP) Parallels is not working well on Leopard, I have tried configuring XP in virtual machine, Bootcamp and Bootcamp with parallels. Parallels caused a corruption of a DLL in XP when accessing from a Bootcamp partition, parallels running Xp in virtual machine without bootcamp repeatedly "hung". The system was not reliable or robust and I could not contemplate using this for my work related access. Erased partition and will wait until other users have logged some responses for some patches! XP running in Bootcamp was OK but what a faff having to re-boot :-(

It took Parallels a couple of weeks to release an officially supported version for Leopard. Make sure you update your copy, it works fine for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Intel 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM. Also; Intel Macbook 2Ghz, Intel MacMini 1.83Ghz
Parallels

Apparently parallels have released a new patch 5582 for Leopard - I will be trying it.

Reaction score
I had troubles to begin with on Leopard, it would crash shortly after clicking on the icon i downloaded the update and all runs fine now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.