USB Thumb drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
Hi guys,

I use a usb drive to transfer data between PCs and Mac's and so far they were running along happily. However, I deleted some stuff the other day and the Mac can't seem to detect the free space that has become available. I plug it into the PC and it tells me the 'correct' amount of free space. Is there anyway to reformat the drive on a Mac or what can I do to fix it?

Thanks

C

Cloudane

Either run it through Scandisk from the PC or the repair section of Disk Utility (under Utilities) on the Mac. Sounds to me like a corrupt filesystem on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
.DSstore

On the Mac, this invisable file keep track of what's on your disk and when you delete files on the PC side, this file dosen't get updated. Hence, can't see the extra space. You can delete this file on the PC and next time you insert it, your mac will recreate it, although you might lose some custom icons.

P

PinkPhishDoors

you can download "filebuddy" and use that to view invisible files on your mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.