Leopard and the internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac pro 2gig memory + leopard
I recently switched to a mac.
I am having some trouble on the internet. On certain pages the opening times are really slow. On others they are as I would expect.
How can I speed up the page download times.
My machine is a mac pro with 2x2.66 dual-core intel xeon processors and 2gig of ram. i run leopard as well.

Can anyone please help me with this situation.

Thanks,

canonlad

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I recently switched to a mac.
I am having some trouble on the internet. On certain pages the opening times are really slow. On others they are as I would expect.
How can I speed up the page download times.
My machine is a mac pro with 2x2.66 dual-core intel xeon processors and 2gig of ram. i run leopard as well.

Can anyone please help me with this situation.

Thanks,

canonlad

Can you tell us a little more about your Internet connection?

In particular - who is the ISP (cable or DSL) and are you connecting through a router (wireless?).

Are there any websites in particular that are troublesome (specifically, what are their addresses)?

Have you compared performance with another machine, using the same connection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Try a different web browser and see if that makes any difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You could have the best machine but have the worst internet connection. We'll probably be able to help you out a lot more when you post your ISP information. :)

Reaction score
Slow internet fix

I just stumbled upon this and it worked great for me, I have an imac 20" 2.4 OS 10.5 Leopard. My internet was slow as molasses, now it screams.

Go to system preferences, select Network, select Ethernet and click "Assist Me". Click on Diagnostics, under "Network Diagnostics" select "yes" and continue. You may have to select a different "Location" (I did, my wife did not), choose continue, select Ethernet and click continue the "Quit" You may also be able to do this with the Airport, I don't know.
Let us know if it works for you. I am new to Mac and figuring this out was an accident.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.