Should I Wait to Purchase a MacBook?

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to the forum and also new to Macs (although I have used Macs since the early 1990s, I have never owned one). After six months with Vista I have finally decided to ditch Microsoft and join the Apple community.

I want to purchase a MacBook (not a Pro) soon. I have been reading rumors of new Pennryn-based MacBooks being announced at MacWorld in January. Most of these rumors point to MacBook Pros receiving the new chips and features. Has there been any mention of whether the MacBook will receive the chips or any other new features or re-designs?

I guess what my question really is - should I purchase a MacBook today or wait until mid-January when we find out what products are being introduced at MacWorld?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The macbook has just about been updated. I don't see a penryn upgrade at least till march/april.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
when it comes to apple, no one really knows whats going on except them until they announce it. it you want/need a mac. get one now. this same discussion happens all too often here. and the fact of the matter is that, computers will ALWAYS be getting updated just around the corner. so just go for it and get one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.