Hey guys just got a mac book need help.

Reaction score
Hey I just got a macbook with leopard in it and I'm loving it! However I am having one problem. Whenever I use the mail client or adium to send emails or messages with files it doesn't want to send it. I guess it has something to do with leopards firewall? How do I go about disabling it because I really don't need a firewall on.

And no it's not the router because on my xp I can send attachments on thunderbird or outlook fine or send attachments on aim fine "have the firewall disabled on xp" and on ubuntu I was able to do the same. So I'm guessing leopard has a firewall setting somewhere that I can't seem to find :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
system preferences/security/firewall

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you sure mail.app is configured correctly?

OP
G
Reaction score
I tried that it only allows me to change settings to incoming connections and not outgoing and yeh I'm pretty sure I have it set correctly because I can send emails and so on just not emails with attachments or send files through adium either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.