I'm officially a switcher

Reaction score
After admiring Apple ever since i was 9 and got my first Apple iPod 3G, w/ the buttons above the scroll wheel, back in the day where you basically had to pay an arm and a leg to run ur ipod on a windows machine, but when you also got a case, and dock, a charger, a firewire cable, and a whole bunch of other things with the ipod, I have became a straight up apple fanboy. I have owned 3 ipods, and an iphone and have been admiring iMacs since the lamp model.

So today. at 5:30PM me and my dad made the early order on my christmas/sweet16 gift.

The specs:

Of course, had to go w/ the gorgeous iMac with the 24" screen.

2.8 Intel Core2Duo extreme
320gb hdd, 500gb external hdd
256mb 2600 HD Pro
Wireless Mouse/Keyboard
1gb ram (but i'm buying a 4gb package very soon to install manually)

what do you guys think? any suggestions for accesories? i will have some left over cash from christmas to spend on my new beauty of a system. I'm thinking of buying a printer also, any reccomendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
That's certainly a GREAT birthday present. Congratulations.

And welcome to the correct side. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Welcome and Seasons Greetings. Santa certainly brought you a nice gift.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Nice xmas gift!! My MBPro 15" was a birthday gift...

Accessories? Scanner? Printer? I use canon products.... don't care to much for HP stuff... but it all depends on what you'll be "doing" with your new baby.

OP
Montie Da Champ
Reaction score
Basically, I will be purchasing Adobe CS3 Design Premium because I am a local Graphic Designer and Web Page Designer. I would like a printer that will print out fast, but good quality prints. But i will not pay over $150 because I will only be printing out school documents and projects, no photo printing. I do that elsewhere. I am also going to need a nice USB flash drive, if someone knows where they sell them cheap, please point me that way. I will be looking aroudn also.

Reaction score
For Printer, I would def check out the new wirless printer from Lexmark - from what ive read it's had good reviews so far - its certainly a printer I will be looking into in the future.

BTW, considering the iMac that you are getting and the items you already have such as external HDD and iphone, I would say you've probably got everything already as far as accessories goes.. Congrats, and enjoy your Mac..

Reaction score
i think for my 16th birthday i got a drivers license and a cell phone... feel extremely lucky that your family and parents are willing to buy you that computer... if you really need any accesories, get some power tools, they will eventually help you down the road at some point. not with the computer of course, but maybe put up some crown molding for you parents...

Aby

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4Ghz 2GB ram
I love my new iMac - and I'm sure you will to. The wait to get it will seem like forever, but it's worth it!

Aby

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Dang, it must be nice to have parents with that kind of disposable income!

Congrats on your latest acquisition. As far as printers go, the only thing I would suggest is that you look at the cost of the cartridges. Anything that uses ink tanks, as opposed to cartridges, will usually be less expensive to operate.

OP
Montie Da Champ
Reaction score
Thanks, and no we don't have disposable income, we just do OK with saving our money. We live a middle class life but have high class things because we save up for them. We don't have new cars and live in a townhouse, because we have a small family, it allows us to live like that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
congrats on the new imac. i have had no problems with any of my hp printers i have owned

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.