hotmail login??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
Ever since I made the switch I haven't been able to login to my hotmail. I am using safari, if it matters. When I try to login it get a message that says that there is either a problem with the site or the site is not available from where I am trying to login from.
Any advice??
Thanks, Kevin

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with logging into Hotmail with Safari.

Have you tried a different browser? I would get Firefox or Camino and see if you can access Hotmail with one of those. That should help you troubleshoot a little bit.

Reaction score
You wouldn't perhaps be using the new Windows Live Hotmail ? There could be issues with the functionality of the new Hotmail "theme"?

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
I have had a free hotmail account for many years but it got "updated" with the rest of their stuff, but it is still the free account.
I clicked the sign up button then the get it free button and it went directly to my account once but now it feeds me back to the log in screen.
I guess I will try using firefox, thats what I always used on PC and never had problems.

Reaction score
i have been having the same problem with safari...could not get into hotmail...so i just tried with firefox and no problem!!

Reaction score
actually..i just did a safari reset and now i can get into hotmail in safari...hmmmm

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
In the past few hours I have been able to get in also, maybe there was a compatibility issue that got fixed or something. Something funny is going on though.

Reaction score
i did a safari reset this morning and could log in...tonight i cant (using safari) but can with firefox!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
You could look at it as a blessing, and switch to gmail :)

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
Well I use gmail also but a lot of my older contacts are still in hotmail. I am slowly transitioning away from hotmail but it is hard to remember everything that uses that account. I suppose I can see if there is an automatic fwd feature on there.
But yeah gmail is a lot better, and I can check it on Mail unlike the free hotmail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.