Photoshop layout all over the place!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
My problem with Photoshop is that the layout consists of several tiny little boxes and palettes with drop down menus - now this isn't so bad if they automatically rearrange themselves into default order each time you open the application but once they have been upset, they stay that way!!!

PS2.png

I can of course spend time tidying them up yourself but then the mask function can't be found and the whole set up looks like this.

PSHOP1.png

How can I get the layout as it was the day I first opened Photoshop?

M

MacHeadCase

I would say you either save the workspace you like after you have rearranged the palettes the way you want them and revert to that saved workspace once the palettes are a bit messed up (in the menubar, under Window -> Workspace) or you revert to the Default Workspace (Photoshop's default workspace right after a fresh install) which you will find at the same place.

Hope this helps. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You can group some of those together as well.
Keep the ones that you use the most often in smaller groups, that way they don't clutter the screen and your workspace.

Reaction score
Did you drag all of those tabs out of their original locations? That's a mess. :D

Side note: Pressing the Tab key will allow you to show/hide all open menus. Shift + Tab will show/hide all but the tools palette.

I use that function all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.