creating a continuous play cd-r with multiple tracks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook & G4
I'd like to burn a cd-r that is one long track but will count up the tracks on my CD player. I've read somewhere about audio chapter markers for itunes (?!) but the article didn't go into detail. Any help would be great!! Thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook & G4
problem solved!

Alright, I finally figured out the answer to my problem!! So, this reply is for those who'd like to try the same thing. First, I took my individual aiff files into Final Cut Express (you can use any audio software that allows two or audio tracks ie: Audacious) After I got them in the right order and spaced them out evenly, I inserted a second audio track with my music (I created a very long BGM track in Garageband so that it fits the entire CD). Then I cut up each track and saved them separately. After that, I went into Roxio's Jam software. This software allows you to crossfade between tracks like professional audio CDs do. I set the crossfade at "00:00" and that's it! The CD plays the music continuously as BGM while the spoken audio tracks count up on my CD player. Plus there is absolutely no pause as you get from Roxio's Toast (even at 0 seconds you get a tiny pause).
Well, I'm sure there's a better way to do this but I hope this can help others out! cheers!! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.