can't import iphoto into aperture

Reaction score
Everytime I try to import my iphoto library into aperture nothing happens. I press ok and then nothing. Ive watched the tutorial a few times but when they import in the iphoto library they are importing from an actual folder. My iphoto library isn't showing up as a folder. I've attached a pic below to show what it looks like. When you click on it, it just opens iphoto. I know I can right click to show contents, but you can't do that while selecting a folders to import. Any ideas???

By domromer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
In the tutorials, is iPhoto 06 being used or iPhoto 08? Apple changed the way iPhoto handles its library with 08, which could be why you're having trouble. It may turn out that you'll have to drag the photos out of iPhoto manually and then import them into Aperture

OP
D
Reaction score
I can't tell what version they are using. I'm not sure what I'm going to use. I'm demoing Aperture and lightroom at the same time. I want to like aperture more but I keep preferring how things are in lightroom. Aperture has better support than lightroom by far. Which is nice when you are trying to figure how it works. I wish lightroom would recognize key words from iphoto. It's going to take ages to add all the key words again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.