Mac Notebook

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a Mac notebook to be used primarily for web browsing, email and office applications i.e word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation applications and video editing (infrequently). I also want a unit that has an internal DVD burner, WiFi, Bluetooth and an SD media card slot. I have never used a Mac, so can someone recommend a suitable product that will fulfill all of these applications?

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to Mac-Forums.

You've mixed very general computing tasks with one of the most demanding tasks (video editing). If you want to do video editing, a dedicated video card is a must. That leaves you with the MacBook Pro. You'll want at least 2 GB of RAM. The MB Pro supports up to 4 GB. The more the better for video editing! Video also eats up a lot of disk space. You'll want a large HD. External drives are probably your best option as notebook HDs are limited on space.

An SD media card slot is not available on any Mac computer. However, the MB Pro does have an expansion slot. I'm sure you could get one for that.

A DVD burner, WiFi and Bluetooth are standard on all but the base model MacBook (it doesn't have a DVD burner).

Your best bet would be to hit your nearest Apple store (or retailer) and try out OSX. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
video editing (infrequently).
If you are doing infrequent video editing, then a regular Macbook would suffice. The dedicated video card that the MacBook Pro doesn't make too much difference in this case. That really only comes into play when you are doing demanding 3D work.
If you are planning on doing intense, heavy-duty and daily video editing, then Cherokee's advice of the MacBook Pro would be the way to go. The extra power, disk space and RAM give it the upper hand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.