some issues...

Reaction score
hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the program Crossover Mac. (I have leopard) I installed it so that I could play some PC games on my computer, but im confused about the wine bottle things. I get that they emulate the C drive or something, but when I tried to install C&C, it said it was creating the bottle, but that was it. 2 hours later, it still said it was creating it.

If it doesn't work, are there any other good alternatives? (i have no problem using a pirated version of XP, but I dont want to pay for it- im only using it for games anyway)

can anyone help me figure this out? If i can get this working, it would pretty much solve Mac's only weakness... although the graphics card on my macbook still sucks, which brings me to my next question:

is there any way to upgrade the graphics on a macbook? 64mb isn't enough for me. I got the apple care warrenty for it, and I dont want to void it in the process.

and finally... my macbook squeaks. When I open and close it, the hinge squeaks, and it's really annoyng. should i put some lube on it, or what?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
if you previously had a PC you could try to use the re-installation CD that came with that and install windows using boot camp, I'm not real Mac savvy as I'm a switcher myself so I might be giving you bad advice.

OP
Q
Reaction score
hmm, ya I tried using reinstall CDs a few times, with no luck. is it possible that im just doing something wrong?

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.