Get a Macbook or Wait?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post and I have a quick question. I'm thinking about getting a Macbook for Christmas - but with so much talk about those "new" Macbooks coming out sometime next year, would I be better off just waiting?

What do some of you guys/girls think?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, OS X 10.5.1
The Macbooks will not be updated for a while. They were just updated. Enjoy your Mac for Christmas.

Reaction score
Yeah, the most likely thing to happen is, and even this is so-so, the rumored ultralight and possible a refreshening of the MBP. MB won't be affected.

Reaction score
I would get one now, the santa rosa Macbooks were released recently and we will be waiting a while to see the next generation. It the same with any electronic device you can wait and wait till the next generation but it's inevitably going to be a next generation just around the corner.

Reaction score
i'm hearing some things about the new ones that makes me salivate, hybrid Hard Drives with a few gigs of flash ram that they put the OS on that makes it blazing fast... stuff like that.
but they just updated to that sexy stuff is like 9 months to a year down the line.

Reaction score
Nobody really knows what the next generation of Apple computers will look like, nor when they'll be released. Not many folks would have guessed that the entire iPod lineup would be changed at the same time. The MacBook and MacBook Pro are pretty "long in the tooth" design-wise. They have been around for quite a while. For all we know, there could be new designs right around the corner.

The point is, only Apple knows when new stuff is going to be released. You can wait, but waiting is a painful game. Buy now and be happy with your purchase. One thing will be guaranteed. You will get a high quality machine that will last many years. It will also have the newest version of OSX installed on it. That's all that matters.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.