Transferring Files Between Macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive
Can someone remind me if it is a 6 pin to 6 pin firewire cable you use to transfer files from one Mac to another by way of using one as an external drive. Also, I want to transfer my bookmarks from Safari on my laptop to my eMac. How do I do that? Thanks for any help.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
yes, that is the correct cable

Reaction score
Can someone remind me if it is a 6 pin to 6 pin firewire cable you use to transfer files from one Mac to another by way of using one as an external drive.

Looks like you didn't need reminding after all as you are 100% correct on that one!

Also, I want to transfer my bookmarks from Safari on my laptop to my eMac. How do I do that? Thanks for any help.;D

You can also import a Safari bookmarks.plist file if you’ve saved one from an older Mac.

To import or export bookmarks:

■ To import bookmarks, choose File > Import Bookmarks, and then double-click the file that contains the bookmarks you want to import. Normally the file will have “.html” or “.plist” at the end of its name.​

If you don’t have a file to import, or can’t find the file, you may need to export the bookmarks from the other browser.

Exporting bookmarks from another browser

■ To export bookmarks, choose File > Export Bookmarks, and specify a location for the exported file. The file’s name will be “Safari bookmarks.html.” Most browsers are able to import this type of file.​

*From Safari Help*​

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.