• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Snow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
The east coast is about to be hit with a storm tonight/tomorrow/monday. I can't wait! Winter is finally here!

Has anyone had any killer snowstorms yet this year? the great lakes are getting this coming storm now.

I'm praying for school closures :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
right now i soooo do not want it to snow... i mean i love snow, but i have a mustang and as you know, not so good in the snow lol. ... but i do love snow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I hate the snow... I hate winter.. I hate everything about the next 3 months to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
We dont really get much snow here :(

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
it is snowing right now here in florida........

just kidding

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I hate the snow... I hate winter.. I hate everything about the next 3 months to come.

3 months? Lucky you, we'll have snow for about the next 5-6 months. I woke up to about 6 inches yesterday, and we had a decent amount about 2 weeks ago.

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah we're going to get some of it here too. They're calling for 40+ cm (16 inches or so).

So where is the shovel? :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Its going to be a very long winter, we have had a lot of snow already with more predicted for today and tomorrow. Cant wait for golf season...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
we got hit with a snow storm yesterday that then switched to ice and rain. I do like the snow, winter and cold. The only problem are all the people that don't know how to drive in the snow.

Reaction score
76F here in Fort Worth, TX today :) After being stationed at some of the coldest, snowiest places the US Air Force has to offer (Misawa Japan, Hill AFB Utah, Fairchild AFB Spokane WA) there's only one day of the year I want to see snow on the ground -- Christmas Day.

While we do get some snow here, it typically doesn't hang around for long. The biggest problem here (as when I was stationed at RAF Mildenhall in the UK) is ice storms -- it can get pretty cold here at times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ MacBook Black 2GB's RAM 200GB Hard Drive
It's snowing here right now in Western Washington.

I love the snow (grew up in Michigan) but no one here knows how to drive in it! Everytime I leave the house I fully expect to get rear ended!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I'm in central NJ, and we got a good coating this morning, but nothing phenomenal. Not that I'm complaining...I hate shoveling!

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It's been years since we've had a good snowfall.

Mostly we just get ice. Woo hoo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i love snow for one reason and one reason only.... snowmobiling.

other then that, i hate it cuz i have to put my car away. id much rather have alot of snow then just enough to cover the grass slightly.

im getting this storm over night tonight probably, so i guess i wont be going to school tomorrow. :)

T

todd51

I also like the snow. Especially when I don't have school on those days and I can just watch it fall and enjoy watching everyone else outside scraping off their cars. :)

I especially like going to the empty parking lots at like 1am and pulling the e-brake and skidding across the pavement, now THATS fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Forecast shows the temp in New York is supposed to hover right around the freezing point, high and low. I guess it's going to be some icky conditions outside. Right now it's raining where I am, but I wish it would snow. I lived in Florida and on the coast of South Carolina for 3 years before moving back to IN. I didn't realize how much I liked the changing season until I left IN. It makes life more interesting and it's decent conversation with someone you don't know or while getting a haircut.

right now i soooo do not want it to snow... i mean i love snow, but i have a mustang and as you know, not so good in the snow lol. ... but i do love snow.

I love Mustangs and want one too (new one, I have a '65), but I don't want a rear wheel drive for the same reason. What kind of Mustang do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I saw snow on TV last night. That's about as close as will get until I go to Maine for a few days in Feb.

Reaction score
There was a light coating of snow here today (extremely light) but alors it has turned to ice and the roads are a terrible place to be. You'd think people in NE would know how to drive, no?

Anybody know if NE is supposed to be getting a lot of snow tonight? The radar shows rain, but it might turn to snow with the temperatures we are at now... My school cancels with the lightest dusting, so I'm hoping!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Forecast shows the temp in New York is supposed to hover right around the freezing point, high and low. I guess it's going to be some icky conditions outside. Right now it's raining where I am, but I wish it would snow. I lived in Florida and on the coast of South Carolina for 3 years before moving back to IN. I didn't realize how much I liked the changing season until I left IN. It makes life more interesting and it's decent conversation with someone you don't know or while getting a haircut.

I love Mustangs and want one too (new one, I have a '65), but I don't want a rear wheel drive for the same reason. What kind of Mustang do you have?

I have an '07 GT

OP
mikepugs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
All we got was a wintery mix and some slush coverage. Disappointing. Maybe I will get some early tomorrow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.