Quick question about viewing Quicktime

Reaction score
Ok so I just got a MacBook and I am new to it. Something has really been bothering me the last few days. Say I'm watching a quicktime movie online, the colors look a bit dull. When I adjust the volume and the meter appears the colors get more crisp and nice, but when the meter fades off the colors go back to dull and cloudy. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to get the same colors all the time as I would if I was adjusting volume. Sorry if this has been answered or this is the wrong section, I'm new. A quick response would be great. Thanks.

Reaction score
This is difficult to answer ... I haven't come across this problem before and possibly need more info but don't really know what to ask you .... I feel that adjusting the volume has to be unrelated but also feel you sort of have to be there to fully comprehend your issue.

Is it possible to post a couple of screenies of before & after?

Might help ....

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok I've been trying to figure this out and realized that the colors only look crisp when something is overlapping the video window. Thats why the volume icon changed the colors for the better.
Normal:
bad.jpg

Volume Being Adjusted:
good.jpg

iChat overlapping slightly on the right:
overlap.jpg

What I want to do is have the colors appear as they do in the 2nd and 3rd screens at all times. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.