Suggestions for Pro Printers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Xeon 3GB Mac Pro, MacBook
Hello,

I am in the market for a stellar large format printer (13"x19" paper size or close). My budget is $500-$1500 and ! am interested in finding a machine that is suitable for pro-graphics output and high res photos.
System compatibility is a huge concern, as is colour-matching. I run 10.4.10 on a MacPro and have been having driver issues with my other printers (which now perform unsatisfactorily).

I am eyeing up the Epson Stylus Pro 3800, which seems to have received great reviews. Does anyone have experience with this machine or any suggestions for a comparable product in the HP or Canon lines?

Thanks,
S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
in my opinion u can't go wrong with Epson printers. I. Personally use a hp 8750 and love it, but it does have its problem. It is a bit slow and if u are not careful can print shadows to dark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
I love Cannon printers. I have never had any problems with all 4 of mine. Do not get lexmark unless you enjoy torturing yourself.

My 2 cents.

Reaction score
I work for a professional artist, and we swear by epson printers. I have been using an Epson Stylus R2400 large format printer (13x19)- works very well- by using profiles you create, it is very accurate. Takes patience to learn to use but it well worth it. We also have an HP Designjet Z2100 for 24'' roll format printing that has been one continuous headache. hope that is helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I vote for Epson as well as the quality of prints I've received from their printers is good, but afaik, they'll probably break your budget.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.